• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 18 API Manager setup and testing Creating a REST API

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi we are trying to start using the CF18 API Manager.  We think we have everything setup correctly and are trying to use one of the examples in the getting started guide [https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/api-manager/getting-started-coldfusion-api-manager.html]

Creating a REST API  /GetIncomeHouseValueByAddress.   After I setup the API when testing the API [key in the address and hit Run API] - I receive the response error below.

Response Body
{
"error": "There was some error while invoking the API.Verify and try again"
}

I have searched and have not found anything yet to help. 

Any help or any other examples to try would be appreciated.

thanks

Nicole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pretty broad error. It looks like your underlying code is running into some problem, but is unable to report that problem back to you. There are two things you'll need to do. First, figure out what the error actually is! To do this, take your code out of the API and put it into a regular CF page, and see if it works. Presumably, your API code has some central algorithm that's taking the address and figuring out the corresponding income. Maybe that algorithm isn't verifying the address is right, first. Who knows? Find out by running it as a regular CF page.

Once you've done that and identified that specific problem, you'll want to change your API code so that it provides useful errors back to the caller, for any other problems it might have. This is where you'll use CFTRY/CFCATCH to capture and return useful errors, instead of generic internal failure messages.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion.  I created a cfm page with a cfhttp and cfdump - the page works and returns the data as expected with the status of 200.  I think my issue may be with the CF 18 API Mananger admin/portal or proxy setup.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation