• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 and My SQL 8

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Coldfusion 2016 and Mysql 5.7 . I want upgrade to  Mysql 8,according to coldfusion document they mention it support 5.7. Can anyone suggest way to use Mysql 8 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Stop ColdFusion.
  2. Open ColdFusion's /lib/ directory. Locate any Jar file of the form mysql-connector-java-*.*.*.jar, where *.*.* represents a version number, and delete it.
  3. Go to the MySQL Connector/J download site: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ 
  4. In "Select Operating System:", choose the option "Platform Independent". The current version is 8.0.25.
  5. Click to download the "Platform Independent (Architecture Independent), ZIP Archive". Click on "No thanks, just start my download."
  6. Unpack the Zip file. You will find that the folder contains the file mysql-connector-java-8.0.25.jar. That is the driver you want.
  7. Copy the JAR file to the /lib/ directory of your ColdFusion installation.
  8. Restart ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you support , I try next week . In between I need to known when the add the datasource  driver I have to select to "Others" is it? 

My other datasource driver are Mysql 5 . It will work without changing the driver type or  I have to change to" Others ".

(I am not familar with the driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultne3mldqroexz , It's OK.

To be clear, I am not a member of  Adobe Support. I am just a ColdFusion developer like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I need to known when the add the datasource  driver I have to select to "Others" is it? 

My other datasource driver are Mysql 5 . It will work without changing the driver type or  I have to change to" Others ".

(I am not familar with the driver)

By @defaultne3mldqroexz

Choose "MySQL" as driver.

dsn1.png

dsn2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultne3mldqroexz ,

Is it working now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know of any issues of updating to the latest MySQL 8 connector? I'm assuming that the MySQL8 will support MySQL5 databases.  Do you know if that's correct?

I saw in another post to be careful about updating:

"Since ColdFusion is using Java connectors, we can make it use the new one. Be careful! I was not able to make “old” and “new” connectors work together, so once you will switch to the new one, you will have to stop using the old one. When you try to use the new one on MySQL 5.6 or 5.7, it will cause such an error: 'Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.'  So, you can switch all MySQL datasources to the new driver or stay with the old one."

https://handyman.dulare.com/connecting-coldfusion-2016-to-mysql-8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nees a cold fusion developer are you available? What is your rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation