• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2016 debugger issues.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed CF2016 trial and use ColdFusion server supplied wit this version.

I have 127.0.0.1:8500.

When I run my application, I cannot see errors if they there, I can se debugger only when no error on page, or I have HTTP 500 Internal server error,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Regarding Flash, you're going to have to have that conversation with them, it's just a matter of when.

If CF and CF Builder are both on the same machine, you should be able to use 127.0.0.1 as your IP address. But again, I'm not sure what exact problem you're having with the debugger. It's not going to catch page errors like you described. That's not really what it's for. It's to catch logical "errors" that won't cause the page to fail but might give you unexpected results, rather than syntax err

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You shouldn't see errors when you run your application. If there's an error on the page that is unhandled, your server will return a 500 response. If you have error handling, it will prevent errors from causing the 500 response, but technically speaking that's because you no longer have any errors - they've been handled!

So, I suspect I'm missing some information from your question, and you might want to provide more detail.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thanks for response,

I'm my agency we'll do migration from CF9 to CF2016,

I've installed CF2016 trial version and try to play with my working applications code,

I've set debugger using CF admin page, when I run my code, and I know there some sql error but on screen I have 500 error.

but when I run cfm page without sql, I see below my content CF debug output,

It is not only one problem, my CSS works differently, and in <cfform> flash doesn't work also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is dying and going away, for the most part.  I highly suggest getting rid of the Flash form.  And to be totally honest, I wouldn't use CFFORM for anything.  The underlying code and .js that it uses is seriously out of date, and could present a security vulnerability (unless Adobe updated it for CF2016, which I doubt.)

As far as your issue, are you sure that you added your IP address to the list of authorized IPs that can view the debug output?  I'm assuming that your code does not include a CFSETTING to suppress the output.

HTH,

^ _ ^

UPDATE:  Not that I expect it, but if anyone who reads this post wants to inject arguments about Flash not dying, or that Flash is a great thing, please read the following:

http://occupyflash.org/ (This guy is a joker, and uses Flash on this page.  SMH)

https://www.wired.com/story/adobe-finally-kills-flash-dead/

http://isflashdeadyet.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use CF Builder, so I'm not that familiar with the debugger, but it doesn't really help you identify errors - like your SQL error - that prevent the page from running. And by default the debugger isn't going to do anything unless you actually set breakpoints, etc, like you would in a "regular" debugger.

As for your CSS issue, that's probably just a pathing issue that you'll have to fix in your web server. And I fully agree with WolfShade​ about CFFORM and Flash. Don't do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it easy to say not use flash, but user use it for decades, and how to explain them it will not work.

Back to debugger, I set 127.0.0.1 as IP because it's local.

Do I need put another IP, if I run ipconfig I can see my network IP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding Flash, you're going to have to have that conversation with them, it's just a matter of when.

If CF and CF Builder are both on the same machine, you should be able to use 127.0.0.1 as your IP address. But again, I'm not sure what exact problem you're having with the debugger. It's not going to catch page errors like you described. That's not really what it's for. It's to catch logical "errors" that won't cause the page to fail but might give you unexpected results, rather than syntax errors that explicitly cause the page to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

albert3162  wrote

Yeah, it easy to say not use flash, but user use it for decades, and how to explain them it will not work.

It is a reality.  Adobe will officially "kill" Flash in the year 2020, and many browsers will stop supporting it before the end of life date.  Pretty soon, there will be no choice.  Better off to get ahead of it than to scramble trying to find an alternative (HTML5) and code for it in a timely manner.  Just say "no" to Flash! 

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation