• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 - How to move the CFIDE folder to different Drive, Change the WWWROOT

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 questions

I am upgrading a server from ColdFusionMX to ColdFusion2016, Installed ColdFusion2016 in C:, to mimic the settings in old environment

1. I need set move wwwroot folder with CFIDE in to E:InetPub folder

2. Set the E:\InetPub\WWWROOT as  application root instead of default C:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a web server such as IIS in front of ColdFusion?  If so, what you want to do is fairly easy.  If you are using the built-in web server, not sure it's entirely doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ColdFusion on IIS 8 . Can you help me with any link to instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a new "site" in IIS, pointing to E:\InetPub\wwwroot (or whatever folder you want to use).  Then run the ColdFusion Web Server Configuration Tool to connect ColdFusion to your new web site in IIS.  This should add the CFIDE folder as a virtual directory to your web server.

I highly recommend following the ColdFusion 2016 lockdown guide.  It covers these topics as well as many things that should be set to harden your server against intrusion/attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation