• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 install IIS sites are already configured by some other version

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ColdFusion 10 on a Windows 2012 R2 server and at the time of the install specified the server to manage all of the IIS sites.  It turns out we decided we no longer want to use version 10 and want to use version 12(2016).  I uninstalled ColdFusion 10 but now when I am reinstalling I am trying to select specify specific IIS sites for ColdFusion to manage instead of All Sites and when I go to add the IIS WebServer I get the following.  "All the IIS sites are already configured by some other version of ColdFusion".

I am have checked IIS and cannot not find any references to ColdFusion files for any of the sites or the server itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

It has been a while but this was resolved with CF Support.  We eventually had to uninstall ColdFusion and MS IIS from the server.  Also need to make sure to remove/uncheck the feature Windows Process Activation Service.  If this is not removed/unchecked then IIS will not be completely removed and configuration settings will remain when you go to reinstall.

After the uninstall for both was complete then I was able to reinstall IIS and ColdFusion with the connectors working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

It seems that the connectors are not fully removed from the existing sites. Could you please create a new site and try creating the connector again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem with that is I am getting this error during the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the screenshot of the error to cf.install@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing.  I have sent it over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been a while but this was resolved with CF Support.  We eventually had to uninstall ColdFusion and MS IIS from the server.  Also need to make sure to remove/uncheck the feature Windows Process Activation Service.  If this is not removed/unchecked then IIS will not be completely removed and configuration settings will remain when you go to reinstall.

After the uninstall for both was complete then I was able to reinstall IIS and ColdFusion with the connectors working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation