We have installed latest ColdFusion Patch (update 16) in dev server.
Patch 16 successfully installed without any issues, but we are unable to access the application - redirects to 503 service unavailable page.
Could you plese help us to resolve this issue at the earliest.
Have you run WSCONFIG then choose upgrade to increment tomcat connector?
Thanks for the response.
Could you please share the steps how to upgrade the connector - it would be helpful.
Coldfusion is running on Linux-based platforms.
Bala, besides Carl's helpful suggestions, please note that the technote for that update you applied (linked to on the updates page before you ran it, and available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2016-update-16.html) has a first box that warns how if you had not previously applied update 14, then you would have trouble running your apps and should follow the post-install steps from that update 14 (https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2016-update-14.html).
Read that earlier technote to know what happened and why it affects you, and then the steps to take (including that wsconfig upgrade Carl mentions, and how to do it, which may not be enough, as the technote explains).
And note that this applies to CF2018 as well (for any applying update 8, or any above 8 but who had not yet applied it).
And for still more on all this, see a post I did at the time: https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/03/three-reasons-sites-may-break-fix-applying-mar-2020-update-cf20... . This is a problem that will plague us all (in CF2016 and 2018) and especially anyone installing those, until Adobe someday creates a new installer which incorporates all the CF and wsconfig updates.
We did the post installation steps (1. added the attributes address="::1" secretRequired="false" allowedRequestAttributesPattern=".*" to the <Connector> tag] in server.xml. 2. replaced 'localhost' with '::1' and added secret line in workers.properties file), application is up and running now, later we found one issue related to "/api mapping".
We have followed your blog - https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2020/1/16/solving_api_url_failures_in_cf2016_and_11 to fix the "api mapping" issue and commented out (#/api/* = cfusion) in uriworkermap.properties file.
Thanks a lot for your support and helpful suggession which resolves the issue in a short span of time.
Great to hear, glad to help, and thanks for the update.