Highlighted

ColdFusion 2016 Scheduled Tasks

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scheduled tasks in CF 2016 . They have been running successfully for years however, now it runs but actually it does not. The scheduler log says it is triggering but actually does not. When the task's URL accessed directly from browser the CF page actually get executed. When I set the  "set to save output to file" the log  says "Connection Failure"

I have restarted the CF instance with no successm Any advise would be of great help on what could be the issue with scheduled task.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ColdFusion 2016 Scheduled Tasks

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scheduled tasks in CF 2016 . They have been running successfully for years however, now it runs but actually it does not. The scheduler log says it is triggering but actually does not. When the task's URL accessed directly from browser the CF page actually get executed. When I set the  "set to save output to file" the log  says "Connection Failure"

I have restarted the CF instance with no successm Any advise would be of great help on what could be the issue with scheduled task.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

collaboranaut, I'm not so sure we should presume that Stephen's error here is the same as that one, which seems a very specific and unusual problem. Stephen's here is a very general and common one, and there are various solutions.

Most often, it's caused by a change on the server which your scheduled task URL is pointing. And most often, to get it working, it's just a need to update the JVM that CF uses. (Less often, it's a need to import a certificate--though that's what most would recommend.)

So Stephen, check out a blog post I did on the first suggestion (updating the JVM that CF uses): 

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2019/06/error-calling-cf-via-https-solved-updating-jvm/

And let us know if that helps.

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1