Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 Upgrade: Can no longer access /api/ folders

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CF Community,

I recently upgraded from ColdFusion 10 to ColdFusion 2016 and I noticed that I can no longer access any pages that live in any folder named /api/.

For example: www.mysite.com/api/index.cfm now returns a 500 error "Application could not be found".  See the following screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/axFVekv.png

Note: when I installed ColdFusion 2016 I didn't select to install the API Manager service nor do I need it. 

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

This is because there is a cf servlet-mapping for /api/. 

You can remove the mapping by going to  cfinstall/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INF/web.xml.  Search for the api servlet-mapping and comment it out. 

HTH,

--Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because there is a cf servlet-mapping for /api/. 

You can remove the mapping by going to  cfinstall/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INF/web.xml.  Search for the api servlet-mapping and comment it out. 

HTH,

--Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding Dave, thank you.

I wonder if there's a way to do this on a per site basis or if the servlet-mapping is global for all sites on the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this issue as well.  It seems to me that Adobe either didn't think this through or made an assumption that developers would be ok with this change.  I would like to put in a feature request to allow you to change this behavior from the ColdFusion Administrator but when I went to the Feature Request/Bugs page, ColdFusion was not listed as an option.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,

The ColdFusion bug tracker can be accessed here: Tracker

When ColdFusion's REST features were first introduced, they could only be accessed as /rest/.  There were many requests from the developer community to add /api/ as a common path for REST support, and IIRC it was added in CF 2016.  However, not everyone uses the built-in REST features, and use either /rest/ or /api/ along with common frameworks (FW/1, ColdBox, Taffy, etc.) to provide rest services.  So your suggestion to make it possible to disable the servlet mappings from within CF Administrator makes sense.  Please submit a ticket in the URL above and then post the link here so others can go vote on this.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the link.  I have submitted the feature request.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4198400

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation