• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2018 clustered Scheduled Task not showing in admin console

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Coldfusion 2018 and I have created a cluster scheduled task in the cfadmin, however the task is not showing up in the administrative console. I can see it in the cluster database however so I'm sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Getting started , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone has any thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help us out. Are you saying that seconds after adding a task it does not show up? Or might you mean that you added it days or weeks ago, and now "all of a sudden" it does not appear? Do any tasks appear? If you add one now, does it remain?

It could be that somehow your neo-cron.xml file (the file which holds task info, as set in the admin or via cfschedule) has become corrupted. That happened sometimes, and of course it's very frustrating, because you lose all your tasks (in there at that time).

I am not of a way to cause CF to "pull the tasks out of the database" to recreate them, if this happens. BTW, are you saying that the tasks DO appear in some OTHER CF Admin which also points to the same task cluster database?

You may have no choice but to enter them again--but it begs the question of what would happen with the one already in the DB, and potentially already showing in another server.  It is frustrating that the task mechanism can be so brittle, and susceptible to such neo-cron.xml corruption.

BTW, the neo-cron.xml is in the cfusion/lib folder, unless you have multiple instances, in which case it's in the /instancename/lib folder.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Yes, literally after creating clustered scheduled task in Admin console, after submitting the changes, it does not show up in the Admin. But I can see the cronjob I created in the cluster database. I can also see other server scheduled tasks that another admin created. I do have multiple instance, my default instance cfusion is turned off unless I'm upgrading.

Does the new file have to be restore for each instance? Is the procedure just to shutdown the service then copy and rename the neo-cron file?

This is just evaluation to see how it works so I'm not too worried about loosing any tasks.

I included few screenshots: 

Just a side not, I posted another task root folder question here if you can help, https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion/how-to-coldfusion-2018-scheduled-tasks/m-p/10891513?page=1

thanks

Dejancreating task  1creating task 1

creating task 2creating task 2

viewing all tasks. Its missing task I just created?viewing all tasks. Its missing task I just created?

I'm seeing the taks in the cluster dbI'm seeing the taks in the cluster db

db view 2 2020-02-26_07-47.png

db view 3 2020-02-26_07-47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely seems to be unexepcted behavior. 

So where are those other tasks coming from? You say "another admin", by which I assume you mean the CF Admin of another instance, right? And is it sharing the same cluster db? And they are in the cluster db also?

What happens if you create a task here and do NOT set it to be clustered. If that fails to appear also, then this is not about clustering at all, but again would seem to be about some issue with the neo-cron.xml that CF would be trying to write to, in this instance.

Are you having any trouble with the CF admin saving any OTHER changes? If so, this would then not even be a sched task issue, but may be a permissions issue.

Please answer each question, as tempting as it may be to focus on some one.

Finally, you ask, "Does the new file have to be restore for each instance? Is the procedure just to shutdown the service then copy and rename the neo-cron file?" No, you should never need to do anything with that file. And certainly for clustered sched tasks, it should simply be that one defined in any admin would just "appear" in any other admin that also shared that cluster db (as seems to be the case with those "other two" appearing there).

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation