• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2018 on Mac OS X with .NET integration

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Coldfusion 2018 successfully running on Mac OS X Mojave.

I have never tried to see if .NET integration runs on the Mac. I have installed .NET core on the mac and tested the code which connects with a DLL, however I get the error:

CLASS MYCOMPONENT.MYCLASS NOT FOUND IN THE SPECIFIED ASSEMBLY LIST.

I cannot find anything on the web that says this will never work. Or how to overcome this error.  I have checked the path, all OK.

The code works ok on a windows machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very surprised if this worked with .NET Core. I doubt it's documented one way or the other, because this integration predates .NET Core and it's a third-party product. I also don't know if this has been upgraded since it's been included, either. I would look at the documentation for the embedded third-party product (JIntegra? I don't remember offhand) and see what that has to say.

I would also try to avoid using this product in production, too. I left that out of my initial reply, but I don't think very much of it. I don't think it's especially reliable, etc.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Dave, To confirm i have understood, are you saying that I need to install the J-Integra .NET bridge? 

I don't need to install this on production only development on my Mac. There isn't much documentation that relates to Mac on this but I wanted to first check I understood you. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would need to be installed. I haven't messed around with this for some time, but now I recall why you'd be having a problem: CF only installs this bridge on Windows machines. If you want to use it with Unix, you have to configure CF to talk to a Windows server to actually run the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond me, how would I go about doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea! That's one more reason not to use this. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What complex code have you put in .NET Core? I suspect it would be easier to just rewrite that code in Java or CF than to try to use this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a web project that initially was in Coldfusion in a windows environment and much of the code that does the heavy duty work was moved into a C#.net DLL. Now I am Mac based I would like to be able to test on my machine. But it may be that I can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, if you plan to keep that, you might as well deploy and test in a Windows VM. It'll be less work than trying to get this going in OS X, and your tests will be more accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation