• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion (2018) Performance Monitoring Toolset

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the PMT for Coldfusion 2018 on my Windows notebook. Everything seemd fine, but each time I want to login, I get the message: "Invalid Username / Password".
I am sure that username / password are the correct values configured during installation.

Nevertheless I uninstalled the tool and installed it again, using other values for username / password. This did not help.

Can anybody help? I did not find any information on this in the internet!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

It was unclear to me whether you could see the login form to start with, and no longer after the update.

In any case, you can easily reset your username and password. The steps are as follows (assuming you are on Windows and that you installed PMT on the default path):

1)  Click on Windows Start and type CMD. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose to open it as Administrator.

2) Type the DOS command cd C:\ColdFusion2018PerformanceMonitoringToolset\bin

3) To run the password-reset tool, typ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest hotfix the login form is missing completely:

elisabethf82215657_0-1621425012995.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisabeth, sorry to hear all your challenges with the pmt.

As for your second point, I would say that an error after an update can usually be explained as being an error DURING the update, and those are reported in the update's install log. That's found in a folder created for that uodate, which will be found in an hf-updates folder that's created when an update is run.

This is true for cf and the pmt (though many don't realize the pmt can be updated), and this hf-updates folder would be found for cf or for the pmt in their respective root folders. Have you checked that? The installation log should report 0 fatalerrors. (I have a blog post on finding and using such cf update install logs for diagnosing update errors.) 

That said, I'm curious how you updated the pmt when you could not log into it. Did you run the update jar manually? (For those not aware, the cf2021 pmt did finally add a page in its settings for applying updates, like in cf. Otherwise in CF2018 your ONLY option to update the pmt was to do it manually. I have a blog post on that, also.)

As for your original problem of not being able to login to the pmt at all, that was a curious one. Given others have not reported it, it's seemingly a unique problem for you. There could be many explanations, too many to elaborate here.

I will say that if you want to get it all working, I may well be able to get it working for you in less than 15 mins, in a Zoom session. I have helped many people solve such seemingly intractable problems, whether with cf or the pmt. If you don't find my help valuable, you'd not pay for my time. For more on my rates, approach, satisfaction guarantee, online calendar, and more, see carehart.org/consulting.

Or share what you may find based on the above, and perhaps we or others can get it solved here. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

As to the installation log - here is the summary:

Installation: Successful.

257 Successes
0 Warnings
0 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

Yes, I updated PMT manually as described. I used the jar found in the latest update-folder of the Coldfusion 2018 installation.

Thank you for your offer of a Zoom session. I think for the moment I do not need help here.
I was able to install the PMT on our test server instead of my laptop and here everything seems to work fine!

Regards

Elisabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elisabethf82215657 : ... each time I want to login, I get the message: "Invalid Username / Password".

...After installing the latest hotfix the login form is missing completely

Confusing.

How do you log in if the login form is missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to login - was this not clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was unclear to me whether you could see the login form to start with, and no longer after the update.

In any case, you can easily reset your username and password. The steps are as follows (assuming you are on Windows and that you installed PMT on the default path):

1)  Click on Windows Start and type CMD. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose to open it as Administrator.

2) Type the DOS command cd C:\ColdFusion2018PerformanceMonitoringToolset\bin

3) To run the password-reset tool, type passwordreset.bat

4) I entered admin as my username. You could do the same.

5) Enter a password. Confirm the password when prompted.

6) Restart the Performance Monitoring Toolset.

BKBK_0-1621435899171.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the command for starting (within the same DOS screen as above) is:

perfmontoolset.bat restart 

perfmontoolset.bat start 

respectively, for a currently running or stopped PMT 

BKBK_0-1621436725596.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I then refreshed the URL http://127.0.0.1:9101/dashboard 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your replies!

I updated the password with the passwordreset command (thanks for this!) and now I am back to the first behaviour:
I can see the login form but the user / password is not accepted.

I did restart PMT by restarting the service, not using the commands.

As I mentioned above on our test server the PMT works well and so I do not need it any more on my notebook!

I will uninstall the tool.

Regards

Elisabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elisabethf82215657 : I can see the login form but the user / password is not accepted.

Did you follow these steps:

1. Reset the username & password;
  2. Restart or start PMT;
  3. Log in by entering the username/password combination used in step 1. (It may be necessary to press F5 several times beforehand to refresh the login page)

I installed PMT specially for this test. I followed the steps and I could log in with the new credentials, as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did Elisabeth mark this as the correct answer?

I'd be surprised, since she had said in reply, "I updated the password with the passwordreset command (thanks for this!) and now I am back to the first behaviour:
I can see the login form but the user / password is not accepted."

That may well be an answer to the question of how to reset the pwd for the pmt, but that's not what she was asking, so it seems inappropriate if anyone else chose this as "the answer" for her challenge here.

If it was you, Elisabeth, was it that you tried again and somehow this time it worked? Again, if you have moved on from the task I do totally understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elisabeth, thanks for that first response to me. I realize that since then you have given up on using the PMT on your laptop and have implemented it on your test server (and by now may well have uninstalled the PMT from that first machine). Still, I want to offer a coupel of points in case they may help future readers

First, as for you saying the installation log showed 0 errors, I would have asked you to confirm you really meant the installation log for the PMT itself (it has one, in its root, and I was NOT asking about that) or the installation log for the update 1. If you did mean the latter, then ok.

Second, I realized that as I wrote that I was indeed presuming you were using CF2021, for some reason. I don't know why, because you said 2018 in both the subject and first sentence.  Anyway, that's why I asked "how you did the udpate", as it could have been either way. My bad, but hope it still may help others to know what I shared.

I see all the other ideas and questions BKBK has been asking, and your answers. Again, as you have things going, glad to hear that's resolved. Yours was an interesting problem that it seems we may never really resolve, as you've moved on. But maybe someone will pop in in the future and we can get to the bottom of it then. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation