Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2018 release after install gets freeze search bar in admin

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

i have installed coldfusion 2018 on the server, configured IIS. Now when i visit admin page it shows freezed search bar and i am unable to do anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a JavaScript issue in your browser.

Which browsers have you tried using while troubleshooting the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for response. I am trying in Chrome as well as IE via admin URL like   abc.com/cfide/administrator/index.cfm.

The login page loads. After login freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mention iis  are you trying to access the cf admin via that? You cannot, since cf2016, for security reasons. You must use cf's built-in web server  likely at port 8500  Try that and let us know how it goes 

If you ARE using that, had you also UPDATED cf recently? Any errors in the update log  under cf's hf-updates folder?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your response. I have installed latest 2018 release software licensed. I am accessing cf admin in my browser remotely using URL abc.com/cfide/administrator/index.cm.

I need to check that cf hf updates folder. I really don't know what the matyer. Over some forum I read it's the issue with jQuery script or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you missed my main point. Please reread my first paragraph, and add that port 8500 to the url you are trying to use.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi manishs86369052​,

Open the initial page of the ColdFusion Administrator in the browser. Tap F12 on your keyboard to open the Developer Tools interface.

Click on the search symbol in the top-right panel of the CF Admin page. You should get a search field. Type the words database settings in the search field.

Click on the Network tab in the Developer Tools. It should contain a number of requests to the page search.cfm. Please take a print-screen of the requests and share it with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation