• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2018 Scheduler sets start date to current date on edit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed an annoying problem with the scheduler.

Everytime you edit a task it sets the start date to the current day no matter what the original start date was. This could be a problem especially if you have a monthly task that runs on Sundays and you edit it on a Tuesday and you forget to modify the start date. Surprise, it would now run on Tuesday I suppose.  I don't like surprises. Has anyone else experienced this?

My Cold Fusion Version: 2018.0.02.313961

I'm planning to apply the latest update and just see if this is addressed. I'll update this post with any findings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can imagine that that is annoying. Someone has reported it as a bug, and Adobe has confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Cosmo_Admin,

As someone who is self-described as pedantic, I'm certainly not going to try to downplay or negate your annoyance regarding this.  However, I'm surprised that Adobe has agreed that this is a bug; unless, of course, this was truly unintended.

In my humble opinion, the only reason that I can see for not resetting the start date to the current date is for historical perspective; because when you edit a task, that task is, by definition, different than it was and therefore "new".  So it makes sense in my OCD-saturated brain to have a new start date.

But, then again, Adobe does a lot of things to ColdFusion that don't make sense to me, either.  One Adobe tech has insisted that it's not possible to truly "edit" a SOLR collection, and resetting a collection to the default of ".htm,.html" is right and proper, instead of the expected experience of actually seeing what was originally being indexed in the first place.  What if the person who originally indexed it didn't leave instructions for later devs, and isn't reachable, or doesn't remember?  But this doesn't matter to Adobe.  It's too much work to get a SOLR collections parameters (which it must have, somewhere, because there's a button for refreshing) and display them in the form.  smh

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation