• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2018 with Apache 2.4 on CentOS 7.6 - External Apache server connection fails

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ColdFusion 2018 is installed successfully.  I can access its Admin page with no problem.  My Apache 2.4 is also running ok to access html files.  My OS is CentOS 7.6.  

I used the following command to installed the external Apache connector:

/opt/coldfusion2018/cfusion/runtime/bin/wsconfig \
-ws apache -bin /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -script /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -dir  \

/usr/local/apache2/conf -v

The command seems completed successful.  The following two entries are put into my httpd.conf file.

Include "/usr/local/apache2/conf/mod_jk.conf"
Include "/opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1/mod_jk_vhost.conf"

I also restarted Apache and ColdFusion servers.

Then the access for any html files are still OK.  However, if I test any .cfm file, I got the following error message:

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I checked the Apache log files and ColdFusion logs under <CF_Install>/cfusion/logs, I do not see any related errors as well.  What could be the root cause and how to debug it?

Thank you very much.

Qi

Thank you very much.

Qi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following.

1. Make a copy of the file /opt/coldfusion2018/runtime/conf/server.xml
  2. Then edit that file
  3. Find the uncommented line that starts:
    <connector​
    and has an attribute:
    protocol="AJP/1.3"
    Beware that there will be multiple lines that start "connector", which may be commented out or refer to some other protocol value. Don't edit those. There will be only one uncommented AJP connector line.
  4. On that line, add the attribute:
    address="::1"
    This is likely what you are missing, for reasons I can explain later. Let's just see if adding it works for you.
  5. Save the file
  6. Restart CF (an apache restart is not needed)

If things work, great. Test both your web site and the CF Admin, just to be sure.

If things do NOT work, then either undo the change you made (if you left the editor open) and save the file, or revert to the copy you made in step 1. Then restart CF, and test if the Admin is at least back to working.

Either way, please let us know how it goes.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Marvelous! It is amazing! It works! I spent whole day today trying to figure out what is wrong and had no clue at all. I will never figure out without your help. Your help is very appreciated.

I followed your instruction exactly and changed the following line.

(From the original):
<Connector connectionTimeout="60000" maxThreads="500" packetSize="65535" port="8018" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8451" secret="XXXXXXXX" tomcatAuthentication="false"/>

(To this):
<Connector connectionTimeout="60000" maxThreads="500" packetSize="65535" port="8018" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8451" secret="XXXXXXXX" tomcatAuthentication="false" address="::1" />

ColdFusion server have been restarted and the Admin page and other web pages still working as expected. *.cfm files also work now.

I am looking forward to hearing from you with the further explanation. Why is this missing? I have never manually modified the line above. The entry part, address=”::1”, did not exist in the original server.xml file. My server.xml was manually modified for the HTTPS connection only.  (I have another DEV server which I configured in July last year.  I remember the Apache external server was configured succesfully.  However, when I test it today, I have to deal with the same problem.  Adding the "address=" entry, make it work again.  Could something on the OS level or rpm packages caused the problem?)

Thanks,

Qi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear, Qi. So no, it's not that you WOULD ever have had to make that change before, but it's that you DID need to make it as of the recent CF update. It's one of 2 and potentially 3 things that folks need to do after that update (because of choices made by Tomcat, not Adobe).

I elaborate on things (in much more detail) in a post I did last week: https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2020/3/20/how_and_why_sites_may_break_after_Mar_2020_...

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charles,

Thank you so much for the link "How and why sites may break after Mar 2020 Update 8 ...".

Very appreciate your answer and explenation.

Qi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation