Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2021 Install

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

I'm trying to install Coldfusion 2021 (trial version) on a test machine. The installation wizard is stuck on "Import Settings" with a message of "Importing your Coldfusion settings. This might take a few minutes.". It's been on the screen overnight and nothing is happening. I tried to close it, updated the adminconfig file to RunSetupWizard = True. But it goes directly to that screen. Any ideas? Please help. Thanks.

-Sheryl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this test machine actually have a previous version of ColdFusion on it? If so, I'd try a test machine that doesn't have CF on it. I realize it's perfectly valid to want to install your old CF settings, but there's a lot of stuff here that could potentially cause that problem and you might spend a lot of time chasing it down.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Let me try installing it again with the previous Coldfusion 11 services turned OFF. If that doesn't work, I will try installing it on another test server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose the test machine has an existing ColdFusion version and suppose that version is running. Then it is possible that there is file-access contention between the two ColdFusion versions. In that case, I would proceed as follows:

• Restart the server.
  • Stop the existing ColdFusion version (together with all its services/modules).
  • Install ColdFusion 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I'll try that first thing next week. I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation