[Coldfusion 9.0.1] Error HTTP 401.3 - Access is denied

Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

"Beginner" in Coldfusion , I made an installation at the request of a third person.

Here are the tech. specs of the server :

- IIS 7.0

- Coldfusion 9.0.1 + hotfix

- JRE 7u51

According to the documentation, no problem : everything works, I can go to Coldfusion admin page, type password, create instances etc.

But... I had to take the document root (wwwroot) of a previous IIS web server (sick !) and then apply the same configurations (other server will be deleted). So I made a backup (wwwroot.bak) following the CF clean installation on the new server. Then import the doc. root of other server (NTFS permissions also replicated) . In this folder "wwwroot", I had a CFIDE directory because CF was also installed on the previous server.

I do all IIS configurations and...

This is where the problem occurs : I can't access to the CF administration page located in "wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm"

=> HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.

I check the NTFS permissions : all is OK. Even if I put "everyone" read / write on the folder wwroot (for testing) and restart IIS + CF services the problem is still present

=> I can't access on CF administration page or also my CF instances. But, In the "old" server everything is OK and configurations are indentical.

I check IIS various configurations (mime type, default document etc.) = all is OK

Also, I've created a IIS "testwebsite" pointing to wwwroot.bak directory (that containing my clean working installation of CF) : same problem appears now...

Any idea ?

Is the problem is located on IIS or on CF ?

Do you think that I have to reinstall ColdFusion and overwriting the CFIDE directory and CF instances already in the wwwroot directory ?

Thank a lot for your help !

W.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?