• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 9 and Java 8

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For security reasons, we I have been asked to update a ColdFusion 9 Enterprise (9,0,2,282541) application's Java 8. Is it possible to configure ColdFusion 9 to run on Java 8? I have successfully configured it to work with the last version of Java 7 (1.7.0_80).

When I attempt to use the Java 8 JRE, the site throws an Error 500, with the message ""Error","jrpp-0","08/31/15","16:48:21","cfadmin","javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)" in the exception log.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Java 8 will not work with CF9. Support for this has only been introduced into CF10 and 11 this year. As CF 9 is EoL, support was not put in.

Which JDK is supported with ColdFusion 9, 10, and 11? — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Java 8 will not work with CF9. Support for this has only been introduced into CF10 and 11 this year. As CF 9 is EoL, support was not put in.

Which JDK is supported with ColdFusion 9, 10, and 11? — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response and confirming. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a simple setting or file copy that would make it run.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@haxtbh I don't think your statement is correct -- it is possible to run Java 8 on CF9, however it is not supported. The support issue is somewhat moot now anyways because CF9 has reached End Of Life so there is no official support.

If you do want to run Java 8 on CF9 make sure you apply all the hotfixes first, especially the one where they added support for Java 7.

Here's an example showing someone getting Java8 running on CF9: http://www.trunkful.com/index.cfm/2014/12/8/Preventing-SSLv3-Fallback-in-ColdFusion

For most Java apps updating the JVM to a newer version does not cause major issues, with CF there are some parts that are not pure java, so you might see issues with those parts, or if a library was using an undocumented class in a JVM that was removed, etc.

Granted since CF9 is not supported by adobe the best route is to upgrade to CF10 or CF11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using Solr collections on CF9, Java 7 u 31 and later (including Java 8) will break Solr collections on CF9.  Not sure about CF10.  If you download CF11 that already has Java 8, Solr collections seem to work fine.

If you are not using Solr collections and have no intention of doing so, this is not going to be an issue.  Just a heads-up, in case Solr collections are a consideration.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation