• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 9 ODBC Agent & ODBC Server not starting

Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I currently have Coldfusion 9 Enterprise Edition 64 bit installed on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server.  I did not notice this before but on this server, both the Coldfusion 9 ODBC Agent & Server services will not start.  I have tried starting them but they start for a second and then stop.  A dialog box then gets displayed which says "The Coldfusion 9 ODBC Agent service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".  I have checked the event viewer on the server and I am seeing the following messages on the enterprise edition server.

The description for Event ID 0 from source ColdFusion 9 ODBC Agent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ColdFusion 9 ODBC Agent@LOCALHOST,ErrorCode=430,ErrorMessage=Failed to open event trace file because the file version is not recognised.

The description for Event ID 0 from source ColdFusion 9 ODBC Server cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ColdFusion 9 ODBC Server@LOCALHOST,ErrorCode=430,ErrorMessage=Failed to open event trace file because the file version is not recognised.

The strange this is that I have Coldfusion 9 Standard Edition 64 bit also installed on another Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server and both of the ODBC services on that machine are starting fine.  I have checked the account these services are running under on both servers and both services on both machines are running under the local system account so I am not sure if it is permission related or not.

I would appreciate it if some could assist me in getting these services started and what I need to do.

Thank you.

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

To anyone that is interested, I have solved this problem by deleting all of the .trc files in folder C:\ColdFusion9\db\slserver54\tracing.  Once that was done, I was able to successfully start the ODBC Server & ODBC Agent services.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything in the log files ? (cf_home/logs and cf_home/runtime/logs)

--

Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I found no additional information in those logs.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone that is interested, I have solved this problem by deleting all of the .trc files in folder C:\ColdFusion9\db\slserver54\tracing.  Once that was done, I was able to successfully start the ODBC Server & ODBC Agent services.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!!! thanks a lot....

kyrosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked for me too on CF8.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for ColdFusion 10 too. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works on CF10 too and solves a big problem for me. Howcum Adobe can't fix ths?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that.  Bugging me all day.   ( Coldfusion 11 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worked for me too in CF 10.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked in CF11..... not sure what causes it though... that would be nice to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone bothered to file a bug report for this issue (I just searched the bug tracker and couldn't see one that applied to this issue)?  I see this has bit several people already, but unless you file an official bug report, Adobe won't know.  They don't monitor these forums with an eye to identifying bugs.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation