Highlighted

ColdFusion admin password does not work after fresh install

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed ColdFusion 2016 on Windows Server 2016. During the first install, I set a custom admin name (cf_admin) during the install process. I was not able to log into the Admin Portal once the installation finished (invalid username or password). I tried using the password reset batch file as well as uninstalling and re-installing. Every time has been the same result. On subsequent installs, I left the default "admin" name in.

I installed on another server and left the "admin" name in on the first go and it seems to be working fine. Is there some file or setting that is left behind after uninstallation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ColdFusion admin password does not work after fresh install

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed ColdFusion 2016 on Windows Server 2016. During the first install, I set a custom admin name (cf_admin) during the install process. I was not able to log into the Admin Portal once the installation finished (invalid username or password). I tried using the password reset batch file as well as uninstalling and re-installing. Every time has been the same result. On subsequent installs, I left the default "admin" name in.

I installed on another server and left the "admin" name in on the first go and it seems to be working fine. Is there some file or setting that is left behind after uninstallation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2018 0

Have something to add?