• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion AMI on AWS GovCloud

New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to use the Adobe Coldfusion AMI from the AWS Marketplace in GovCloud? The GovCloud East and West regions do not appear in the Region dropdown in the Pricing section of the page. I thought they had been available at some point in the past when I looked at it, but either I was seeing things or it's no longer an option.

My company has been using Coldfusion on AWS EC2 instances for around 4 years, and we're very much interested in switching to a licensing method that allows for auto-scaling. We're hosting our apps on GovCloud due to the FedRAMP certification which helps us comply with our customers' security requirements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried this, but my understanding is that you can create a custom AMI from a standard AMI in the AWS Marketplace, and when you use instances from the custom AMI you will still be billed the regular price for the standard AMI. I'm not entirely sure about that so you'll want to check it out in more detail. So, in theory, you can create a custom AMI, then migrate it into GovCloud, then spin up instances in GovCloud. Here's how the migration works:https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/publicsector/gov-cloud-import-tool-how-to-transfer-information-between-...

Gov-Cloud-Import Tool: How to Transfer Information Between Identity Boundaries | AWS Government, Edu...

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave, this looks like a perfect solution for us if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation