Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder 2016 - Console not displaying all console data

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am having a problem getting "console" data to be displayed to the console within CFBuilder itself. For this example I have installed CF Builder 2016 and CF Server 2016. If I start ColdFusion manually using the following command:

>coldfusion.exe -console -start

Then ColdFusion starts up and I can see stuff like so:

Also, if I dump a variable to the console using something like either of these, I can see this in that console:

<cfdump var="some text" output="console" />

or

<cfset writeDump("some text","console") />

However, if I start the server via CF Builder, the console panel only shows the very minimum of information, I don't see anything useful really. Here is a screenshot of CF Builders console panel for a server that has been started-up and has run the "dump" code above:

I assume I am doing something silly here..... any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Steven

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Response from ADOBE:

==============

Hi Steven,

Console in ColdFusion Builder won’t give you entire startup details.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to ADOBE:

=============

Hi,

From what I can see, it gives me no details at all apart from the 2 lines in the screenshot..... what type of stuff does it display? As mentioned here, when I do a writeDump to console, it’s not appearing in here.... I see no exceptions etc....

Ta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Response from ADOBE:

==============

Hi Steven,

ColdFusion Builder 3 and 3.1(2016) was rewritten and has some of the component doesn’t work as they were working in ColdFusion Builder 1 and 2.

I have tried this in two different environment to run the code/start and stop the ColdFusion service and tried displaying the content and it is not returning the result. I will see if we can enable any property which will show us the desired result which it used to show.

Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation