• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Builder 2016 Indent SUPER SLOW!!

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this? Using the Eclipse plugin version of CFBuilder 2016, when I select a few lines and hit TAB it can take up to 30 seconds in a big CFC to indent. It is ridiculously slow!! I end up going line by line and tabbing but thats getting old. Why is this happening? Its starting to make CF Builder unusable for me. Anyone find a fix?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know the update level of ColdFusion Builder?

Please ensure that you are on latest update.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find the answer to this?  I have had this problem since Coldfusion Builder 2.  I just installed Coldfusion Builder 2018 to hopefully be done with this problem, but it still is incredibly slow just to indent multiple selected lines in a larger file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. I tried Builder 2016 and went back to Builder 3 because of this issue in the past. Now I tried Builder 2018 and still the same issue.

It happens if you mark more than one line to indent. It happens in CFM and CFC files. As bigger the file as longer it takes to indent. Platform is Win 8.1 Current Builder 2018 version is 3.2.0 build 310721.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once noticed that ColdFusion Builder 2016 was reacting slowly when processing a large file. I experimented with various settings and found one that reduced the time from 44 seconds to 8 seconds. 

In the file {CFBUILDER_INSTALLATION_DIR}/CFBuilder.ini, I increased the 4 JVM settings to these values:

-Xmx2048m

-Xms2048m

-XX:MetaspaceSize=128m

-XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=512m

My Operating System is 64Bit Windows, on 16GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BKBK,

Many thanks for your answer, I tried this but this doesn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation