Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder 2018 sftp/ftp error

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having an issue using SFTP and FTP with ColdFusion Builder 2018.  I'm able to connect and browse the sites but I'm unable to open any of the files.   When I first connect and expand the directory structure I get several instances of the following error: 

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
Could not initialize class org.eclipse.rse.files.ui.resources.UniversalFileTransferUtility

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably an Eclipse issue. This message from the Eclipse bugs database says more:

"The problem occurs if you try to copy from the navigator to RSE [Remote System Explorer] before the temp files project has been created.  This occurs because, during a workspace copy a rule gets created which prevents other projects from being created - and in UniversalFileTransferUtility we need access to the temp files project (which hasn't been created yet) so we try to create it while in the original rule.  The simple solution is to make sure it's created upfront, when the files.ui activator starts."

This implies that you are missing the folder RemoteSystemsTempFiles. If you had set up your remote system properly, Eclipse's Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) would have automatically created a folder by that name on start-up.. You would have seen it in the Project Explorer views.

You could do 2 things to ensure the temp files folder is created:

1. Activate RSE UI

a) Navigate to Window => Preferences;

b) Open the General tab;

c) Click on Startup and Shutdown; if the checkbox RSE UI in the right-hand pane is unchecked, then that was the likely cause. Tick it and click on Apply; on the other hand, if RSE UI is checked, then the following wild guess which might or might not help: nanually add a folder named RemoteSystemsTempFiles to your project;

d) Restart ColdFusion Builder.

If that doesn't help:

2. Re-install ColdFusion Builder FTP support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried steps 1 and 2 without success.

I then tried reinstalling ColdFusion Builder and then repeated step 2 and now when I try open a file (on a SSH connection) most of the time it gets stuck in downloading.  I have been able to open a few of the files but most of the time ColdFusion Builder Hangs.  I can see that the file is quickly created in my "RemoteSystemsTempFiles" folder but it doesn't actually open.  If I wait long enough I get the following error:

org.eclipse.rse.services.files.RemoteFileIOException: Operation failed. File system input or output error
org.eclipse.rse.services.files.RemoteFileIOException: Operation failed. File system input or output error

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.services.ssh.files.SftpFileService.makeSystemMessageException(SftpFileService.java:596)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.services.ssh.files.SftpFileService.getFile(SftpFileService.java:634)

at org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.files.core.servicesubsystem.FileServiceSubSystem.getFile(FileServiceSubSystem.java:385)

at org.eclipse.rse.subsystems.files.core.servicesubsystem.FileServiceSubSystem.getRemoteFileObject(FileServiceSubSystem.java:305)

at org.eclipse.rse.files.ui.resources.SystemEditableRemoteFile.openEditor(SystemEditableRemoteFile.java:1727)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.files.ui.view.DownloadAndOpenJob$OpenEditorRunnable.run(DownloadAndOpenJob.java:77)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4213)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3820)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)

at com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:131)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

When I try connecting to a different site using "FTP Only"  I have to problems whatsoever.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you wait long enough for the connection to be fully established? Are your SSH connection settings in order?

A suggestion to create SSH connection:

1) Navigate to File => New => Other;

2) Open the tab Remote System Explorer and double-click on Connection;

3) Click on SSH Only and then on Next;

4) Enter the SSH connection settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It occurs no matter how long I wait.  I created the SSH connection again with no luck.  I also updated my JRE just for grins but still the same result.  It's so strange that it will download the file immediately and freeze when it tries to open it. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation