Highlighted

ColdFusion Discord Channel?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a good/active ColdFusion Discord channel?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ColdFusion Discord Channel?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a good/active ColdFusion Discord channel?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no active Discord channel about Coldfusion. The last one timed out 90+ days ago. Discord is not a free service.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who may seek something other than these forums (for whatever reason), there are indeed other alternative ways to interact with the community, from the Adobe CF portal, to the CFML Slack channel, to the facebook CF programmers group, and many more. I list them here: https://www.cf411.com/cfhelp

/Charlie (server troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it seems that as Adobe CF is losing popularity, other forums that used to have a CF section are slowly dropping them, and this CF Community has lost a lot of users who were excellent contributors when it comes to troubleshooting CF issues.  There are still a few who know their stuff and help out.. but from what I've seen, there aren't near as many as their used to be, here.

I won't go into any reasons why I believe this is happening.. but the Adobe CF community that gathers here has really shrunk.  And that's a shame.

I think there are still some people who provide CF support on stackoverflow.  But IMHO, SO is more of a popularity contest than IT support.  There are so many trolls that live to downvote answers.  It's ludicrous.  If you post a question, there, you may find some people who seriously give some decent advice, but most of them (the people) aren't worth the time, if you ask me.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Jamo LATEST
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Facebook group. Have you checked that out?  (I know it's not the same thing as Discord.)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFprogrammers/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0