• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion: Dreaweaver CC vs Dreamweaver CSS.5- can I make it like it used to be?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently changed from Dreamweaver CSS.5 to Dreamweaver CC.  There are a number of little differences that make a BIG difference in usability.

I finally found (through an internet search) where "Search local site" is.

When I attempt to close a tag with </, the autofill is almost never the tag I opened.

When using block comments with <!---   --->
If there is a comment IN that block comment, the color change terminates.

Auto indent is really just messed up...I had to turn it off.

So the basic question is....

Is there a way to make Dreamweaver CC work more like Dreamweaver CSS.5?

It is not my opinion that these are all "things you are used to" kind of problems.  These are changes that were made that a) don't work the way they were supposed to and b) are NOT a step forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really ought to ask in a Dreamweaver forum. You will likely hear here suggestions of many alternative editors and ide's, rather than a direct answer to your question. This is primarily because Adobe removed formal cfml support from dw several years ago.

I list such alternative editors (most free, and many supporting cfml) here: http://www.cf411.com/editors

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation