Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion encrypted files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm in the middle of maintaining an older ColdFusion application for this job I'm doing and I came across these encrypted files with a bunch of gibberish as code. At the top of the file it says "Allaire Cold Fusion Template". I asked the previous developer and he says he doesn't have the originals. We're transferring web hosts over to a higher version of ColdFusion, which doesn't support running these encrypted files.

It would seem that the only way to proceed is to decrypt these files back to their original code.

Does anyone know of a decryption tool for this type of file?

Thanks,

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been ages since I played around with the encryption thing.  But, I believe that the CF server that encrypted them should also be able to decrypt them.  I forget where the setting in CFAdmin is (like I said, it's been ages), but you should simply be able to deselect the encryption setting, which _should_ decrypt the files as soon as you save that setting.

HTH,

^_^

UPDATE:  According to this page, you have three options for decrypting .cfm and .cfc files.  I think which one used depends upon how they were encrypted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation