Highlighted

Coldfusion flash form failed loading data

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion flash form failed loading data. The error we got is [Flash Remoting MX]->Request received was not Flash-based (not of the binary AMF protocol)." Please advise! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Coldfusion flash form failed loading data

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion flash form failed loading data. The error we got is [Flash Remoting MX]->Request received was not Flash-based (not of the binary AMF protocol)." Please advise! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike being a downer on this, but most (if not all) CF developers that I know or communicate with do not use Flash forms.

Part of the reason, I think, had to do with a conflict that was instigated from a lawsuit that Microsoft lost; they set up tight security in Internet Explorer that would require a user to "click" within the area of a Flash form in order to activate it and actually use it.  That turned a lot of users (and developers) off to the idea.

Also, Flash forms are kind of a pain to develop.

There are other reasons why, but that's the gist of it.  Again, I hate to be a downer, but the best advice I can give you is "don't use Flash forms".

HTH,

^_^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0