Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Licensing

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If i buy a coldfusion 2016 license, is it possible to install an earlier coldfusion version with the same license key

Regards

Renaldo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaldo, send an e-mail to cfinstall@adobe.com for an authoritative answer.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The non-authorative answer is yes, to a point. We currently do this with some CF9 servers we have. But then again I would strongly consider upgrading to latest unless there are extreme factor involved with upgrading because you are paying for a license that is most likely more that the version you are trying to keep alive. Also security, feature set, and speed are all greatly improved.

I'm not sure what version you are keeping alive but we had several compatibility (or lack thereof) when we moved from CF5 to CF9, but CF9 to CF11 was almost issue free (one or two small gotchas) and my CF2016 experience has been the same (only one minor gotcha so far). It's worth upgrading if possible.

PS. One caveat though, I just re-read your question and you specifically mention "same license key". Adobe can apply your license to a different version but it does require a new key from Adobe. That's where the email address above comes in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I believe the license downgrade can only be done by Adobe if you purchase your license through a retail or VAR - NOT directly from Adobe on the Adobe store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys, this has been great great help.

Some of our applications are still using (mx7, CF8), i need to upgrade those to 2016 but if its not possible, thats where the downgrade to an earlier coldfusion will come in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should also expect that Adobe will only provide downgrade keys for **currently supported** versions of ColdFusion (CF10 & CF11).  You most likely won't be able to get CF7, CF8 or CF9 keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation