Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion login problem

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to use the login page to go to my Application, I get the following error. I have already checked my username and password , they are correct.

We are using Oracle 11g database and Cold fusion 9. Please help ?

"

Error
Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][Oracle JDBC
Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Please try the
following

"

Thanks

IQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Are you storing the password in clear text (ie, not encrypted)?  If you are, that's generally not safe.  But double-check in the database to make sure the password is correct.  I know that in Oracle the default setting is to enforce CaSe-SeNsItIvE SELECTs.  Even a space could make a difference.

If you are encrypting the password, I'd guess that the key may be incorrect.  Try generating a new key, and update the database with a refreshed version.

Ignore all that.  LOL!  The issue isn't your login/p

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you storing the password in clear text (ie, not encrypted)?  If you are, that's generally not safe.  But double-check in the database to make sure the password is correct.  I know that in Oracle the default setting is to enforce CaSe-SeNsItIvE SELECTs.  Even a space could make a difference.

If you are encrypting the password, I'd guess that the key may be incorrect.  Try generating a new key, and update the database with a refreshed version.

Ignore all that.  LOL!  The issue isn't your login/pw for your app.. it's the login/pw for your DATABASE account.  CF cannot access the database.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the issue, resetting the password fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for marking my answer as correct.  I do appreciate it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, this means that you've entered incorrect values in the CF Administrator for your data source. But on another topic, you really shouldn't be using CF 9 any more. It's very old and not really suitable for use any more.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation