• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion March 2021 updates released

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are pleased to announce that we have released the updates for the following ColdFusion versions:

In these updates, we’ve fixed a few security bugs and some other bugs, which are mentioned in the tech notes.

In ColdFusion (2021 release), we’ve added activation and deactivation of Virtual core licenses. In addition, we’ve introduced support for RHEL 8.3, WildFly 23, Tomcat 9.0.43, PostgreSQL 13, Oracle 19c (2018), and MS SQL Server 2019.

For more information, see the tech notes below:

These updates fix security vulnerabilities that are mentioned in the security bulletin,  APSB21-16.

We’ve also updated Performance Monitoring Toolset for the 2018 and 2021 releases of ColdFusion. Check out the tech notes:

Please update your ColdFusion versions today. Let us know if you face any issues while installing the updates. Your feedback is essential to further enhancing the product.

The Docker images have also been updated.

We thank you for your continuing support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this update (ColdFusion 2021 Update 1) broke my admin console.  How do I fix it?

I attempted chat support, and they sent me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Are you getting a message saying the admin module(package) is not installed? You can try this.

Launch command prompt> Go to \ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin and run the command cfpm.bat install administrator.

Restart CF and try to launch CF Admin

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Priyank,

I did some digging while waiting for a reply, and to answer your question briefly, no.  I ran a list command on the cfpm prompt, and Administrator and AdminAPI were both not installed.  When I attempted to install them, I got an error message "Illegal character in opaque part at index2:" then it lists the .jar file attempting to install.  Both adminapi and administrator jar files give this error message.

I also found the ColdFusion support email (we have other options outside of forum and chat) and have opened a ticket with them.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.   Cannot get Administrator installed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

I used this tool to add it back in:  https://helpx.adobe.com/in/coldfusion/using/coldfusion-package-manager.html

But you will need an internet connection to adobe.com.  I am still having issue with the website, so if I learn anything else, I'll post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After I did the update, I added the needed JVM information as mentioned in the release. However I can't restart the CF services. I have tried everything but was getting errors. I tried running the cfstart from the command line and this the error I got. How can I fix it if I can't get back to CF Admin to remove the text from the JVM box?

E:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion\bin>cfstart
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: !org/mozilla/**;!com/sun/syndication/**;!org/apache/commons/beanutils/**
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: !org.mozilla.**;!com.sun.syndication.**;!org.apache.commons.beanutils.**
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I updated the jvm.config file in the Bin directory. That resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the biggest bug is your update 17, please fix it or remove from updates .

Thanks in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the patch and now ColdFusion failes to start. I'm seeing a lot of this in the coldfusion-error.log log.

INFO: CFMxmlServlet: Macromedia Flex Build: 87315.134646
coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available.
at coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory.getRuntimeService(ServiceFactory.java:121)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:101)

Not sure what to do at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil, I'll say up front that it's rare that an update itself would lead to that condition (of CF not being able to start). But I realize you may feel stuck. I offer below info to try to help you here, then I conclude with an offer to help more directly if that may be more expedient for you.

First, you can and should check the logs for the update, to see if there was any error during the running of the update. This would NOT be found in the normal coldfusion logs folder, but instead in the hf-updates folder (a sibling to logs), and then in that there's a folder for each update number that has been run, and in that is an install log (a long name, with the date/time of running the update). In that log, there should be an indication of "0 Fatalerrors". If there are any, that would be where things started. But let's confirm if that's the issue at all, first. (I have a blog post with more on checking the update logs.)

Second, note that you CAN try to uninstall or reinstall the update. I realize that since CF won't start, you can't get to the CF Admin, but you CAN re-run the update (or uninstall it) via the command line if necessary, and I talk about that in my blog also.

Third, you may well confirm that there were 0 errors with the update, and in that case it may be that the failure to start now is not due to the error, but it may be due to something ELSE done previously which only came into effect upon the restart of CF, which the update performs. If it may have been days or weeks (or months) since CF had last been started, some configuration change may have been done (in the CF Admin UI or to the underlying files) which didn't take effect until now, when CF was restarted.  There is a server.log in the CF logs folder that can help you to see when CF has been restarted, and how long ago it last had been. 

And if there is such a problem, it may be easily solved. But we have to know what that problem is. And to that, I would note that you are quoting SOME lines from the CF logs, but it's not clear that you are quoting the FIRST lines in error after CF starts up. Can you whatever is the FIRST error you see after the restart in both the coldfusion-out.log and coldfusion-error.log? You may find something to explain things.

Finally, if you are in a bit of a panic mode and don't have time to assess or consider or deal with all the above, I will note that you are not "stuck". There are consultants (myself included) who help "get folks out of a ditch" like this. I list them at cf411.com/cftrouble, or you can reach out to me directly at carehart.org/consulting. I could help in the coming hours or over the weekend. You'll see discussed there my rates, approach, satisfaction guarantee, and more.

I'm sorry that some people hate to see a "sales pitch" here. I offer this (after all the sincere advice above) merely because you may be in a jam, and I get people out of such every day. There are so many possible reasons for problems that most folks have a hard time finding the right one resource that provides the specific answer for their situation. I know how to connect the dots from specific problem to specific solution. It's what I do, here or in such consulting, via a screenshare, and usually very quickly.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie. You always give great advice.

I followed your advice and this is what I found. The update log reported issues with moving files. I checked permissions and they were all set correctly. CF runs under its own user account. I ran the update from the CF admin so in theory it should have had the permissions to do what it needed to. Great in theory but not in practice. After uninstalling and reinstalling with the same issues. I changed the CF service to back to running as system and reran the update install. This fixed the issue.

I'm not sure where the permission issue exists for the user account CF runs under. Must be a location that its writing temp files to that the service doesn't have the right permissions. I'm going to go through the logs to see what I can find. I don't like the thought of switching the service user just to install updates. That could lead to even more permission issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We updated to CF2018 Update 11 and are seeing a wierd issue with our CFLOOP list.

It worked under the CF2018 Update 10 and now its giving a "Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values.The expression has requested a variable or an intermediate expression result as a simple value."

The values are something like 0001,0002,0003

The cfloop submits them as a index = "ExampleList" list = #myValues# delimiters = "," 

During the CFLOOP a cfinvoke is called to check for duplicates using invokearguments.

Afterwards, the cfquery is called to insert the new values.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your myValues is passed via the FORM or URL scope.  Take a look at this post for the solution.

Coldfusion 2018 update 11 error  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Tomcat 9.0.43 supposed to be included in Update 11?  If not, is it possible to upgrade Tomcat outside of the CF Update Process?  I have checked the CF Support Center Downloads page, but do not see any downloads for Tomcat there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using the "integrated" CF install, where installing CF gives you both CF and Tomcat as one thing, you can't upgrade Tomcat separately. If on the other hand, you install CF as a J2EE application, you can use whatever version of Tomcat you want really, but you have to install and configure it separately.

I don't know what version of Tomcat is provided by the CF installer.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation