• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion MX 6.1 on Windows 10 Enterprise

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLDR version - ColdFusion MX 6.1 will work on Windows 10 64-bit if you use 32-bit Apache 2.2.x, and not IIS, as well as following some instructions.

Just concluded an extended struggle trying to get the ancient, but licensed, ColdFusion MX 6.1 running on Windows 10 Enterprise. We have highly-formatted web reports written long ago in CFML that are still in use, and the developer does not have the time to rewrite them in modern technologies like SQL Server Report Services or even ASP.Net. I wanted to document the process of getting this installed in the unlikely case someone else in the future needs to get this done.

Important URLs

1. http://mc-kenna.com/computery/2006/09/coldfusion-mx-61-with-apache-22-on-windows
  2. Adobe - TechNote :    ColdFusion MX 7.0.1 and 7.0.2: Hot fix available for Apache 2.2 support
  3. Wayback Machine

Note that URLs #2 and #3 rely on the Internet Archive to retrieve the Adobe TechNote and the hot fix wsconfig.zip file.

URL #1 documents the essential procedure to follow. In my specific case, running the "java -Dtrace.ci=1 etc." command discussed at the URL did not make the changes as described. I had to manually extract the mod_jrun22.so file into the correct location (cf_root\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1), and I had to edit the Apache httpd.conf file to change the reference from mod_jrun20.so to mod_jrun22.so, and from mod_jrun20.c to mod_jrun22.c. Perhaps this was because I had run the web server configuration in the CFMX installer to connect to Apache, which changed the httpd.conf to load mod_jrun20.so, which doesn't work with Apache 2.2.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: Roberto Esguerra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this extremely useful post! I have a client looking to do the same thing. Is Window 10 Enterprise edition required for this to work or will it also work with Windows 10 Pro edition? Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you'd be using Apache rather than IIS, it shouldn't make any difference at all which version of Windows 10 you're running. For that matter, I haven't run into any behavioral differences between IIS on the two platforms either.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jason,

I used Windows 10 Enterprise only because that is the OS used in our standard firm image. I don't know if the instructions would work with Windows 10 Pro, but since I didn't rely on anything specific to Win 10 Enterprise, I believe this procedure would work in Win 10 Pro.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation