• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion on Windows 2012 R2

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any issues / has ColdFusion 10 been tested with the latest Windows Server 2012 R2 version?

Thanks, Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribe. Ditto. What about Windows 8.1? Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henry, before addressing R2, let’s be clear first on something (for you and other readers): support for Windows 2012 was added for CF10 in March 2013, but by way only of a new installer as discussed in an update, technote, and a blog entry of that time:

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/new-platform-support-for-coldfusion-10-and-coldfusion-builder-2-0-1-windows-8-and-windows-2012-server

http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/new-platform-support-coldfusion-10.html

Of course, I realize that R2 is a newer update to 2012, released since then, and you are asking really if/when Adobe will support R2 specifically.

While there is no mention of it on the blog, nor has the “tech specs” page for CF10 (http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-standard/tech-specs.html) even been updated to list 2012 at all, I suppose we have to wait for Adobe to respond (here or in those places).

In the meantime, though, I just wanted to clarify for you and others that CF10 if you wanted to try it, you would have far less success trying to do it with the CF10 installer that was available before March.

So to clarify, have you tried that newer installer on 2012 R2? Or are you just asking in advance of trying/considering/recommending it? Anyone else tried it yet?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I installed CF10 on Windows 2012 R2 yesterday and used IIS as the webserver. A small test of application usage worked tho that is far from exhaustive testing. I would not go so far as to say I find CF10 100% works on 2012 R2 + IIS and naturally I have no authority to say CF10 on Windows 2012 R2 is a supported platform.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks chaps. I've got CF10 running on my 2012 servers just fine, but am setting up a new box with 2012 R2 and just wanted to know in advance what people's experience was - if there was anything to trip it up. I don't know if actually anything has been updated in IIS in 2012 R2.

Thanks all, sounds like it should be ok.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henry, Any update with CF10 on Windows 2012 R2? Thanks, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rezengine.  You've got CF10 running on 2012R2.  Is CF serving the web pages, or IIS?

Thanks

sc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation