• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Report Building Grouping Output By Date

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a report in cf report builder where there records outputed are grouped and sorted by date in the cf query

I need to be able to display the date as the grouped heading on each page, if there is a change of date in results on the same page i am wanting the sub heading for the new grouped date to appear on the page as a sub heading.

the output i am needing is the same as the output that would be generated from the following code in a cfm output

<cfoutput query="queryname" group="TransactionDate">

#TransationDate#<br>

<cfoutput>

#transationTime# , #transactiontype#, #transactionamount#

</cfoutput>

</cfoutput>

When i try and generate similar output above in cf report builder i am not able to have the TransationDate appear as the subheading once the date changes

the report simply outputs the rows containing

#transationTime# , #transactiontype#, #transactionamount#

however at the change of date there is no sub heading appearing to separate the transaction from one date to the next via a sub heading3

Adise on how to solve this would be appreciated and or reference to any examples of a cfr file that does output its results in a grouped fashion within the one page as described above

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

the answer to this is that you need to add the fields names as field p[aramaters so they are referenced throughout the report as query.fieldname not simply fieldname and then the reports group with the sub headings as the grouped value changes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have created a group on "send_date" rather than "TransactionDate" in your report definition.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and it is send date thats correct the reference to transaction date  was simply used as example i will edit the post so it has send data i the text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seens my editing option of original post are no longer present !!!! so the fact remains that the output of the cfr does not display with the sub headings as the transactiondate / senddate changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple, stand-alone report that you can open in the ColdFusion Report Builder and run to see how grouping by date can work.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry however your sample generates the same output structure as my original

note how the date changes from 2016-09-14 to 2016-09-13  yet there is no grouped heading to separate the 2 dates into their own group as you get in the

<cfoutput query="" group="'>

<b>#DDate#</b>

<cfoutput>

#dDate# #employee#

</cfoutput>

</cfoutput>

IT simply lists the heading of the data at top of page and then all the records in date order however not inserting a grouped heading for date when it detects the new date resulting in output to be

2016-9-16

2016-9-16

2016-9-15

2016-9-15

2016-9-14

When i am needing that at the detection of change of date the date header is inserted so it clearly identifies a change in date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the answer to this is that you need to add the fields names as field p[aramaters so they are referenced throughout the report as query.fieldname not simply fieldname and then the reports group with the sub headings as the grouped value changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

j.a.c.i. wrote:

sorry however your sample generates the same output structure as my original

note how the date changes from 2016-09-14 to 2016-09-13 yet there is no grouped heading to separate the 2 dates into their own group as you get in the                                                                

There is something wrong with your setup if you are not seeing group headings. The output of the example report I provided clearly shows group headings when the date changes as shown in this screenshot of the output:

ExampleOutput.png

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation