• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are running ColdFusion 10. We stumbled across this error when we tried to reach our site or the CF Admin.....

"HTTP Status 500 - coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available."

This is the first time we have gotten this error. We tried googling to find a solution and did not come across one. Has anybody experienced this error before? How do you get around it? I appreciate your help and time. Thanks.

Best regards,

Chung Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is similar to a problem you reported here last October. You could implement the advice that you received then, which apparently solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BKBK,

Thank you for your reply. I do recall the problem I reported back in October when I experienced the issue of installing the hotfix. I thought this issue was resolved since I was able to install the hotfix manually and confirmed CF admin was working again. The CF admin has been working ever since until the past couple of days.

The updated connector file (such as C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll) is showing October 9 2014 if it was updated. This is mentioned on this blog article: Updates for ColdFusion 11, ColdFusion 10 and ColdFusion 9 released — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Thanks,

Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BKBK,

I uninstalled hotfix 14 and reinstalled it manually per the advice from the October posting. CF Admin is up and running again. I think I'm an expert with this particular issue now. Thanks again.

--Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chung, great tip! How often have we heard: "switch it off, and then back on again"!

Thanks for sharing it with us. Please mark it as the correct answer. It will help someone else in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello BKBK,

The correct answer mark is not showing up for me strangely. Could the admins on this board help me mark it? Thanks.

--Chung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation