• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Standard 2016 DB Pool, Thread Limit?

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I understand that for marketing reasons only, Adobe has decided to limit concurrent CFTHREAD calls in CF STD to just 10 even though no such limits exists in the underlining Java.   Does this artificially imposed concurrent thread limit which is designed solely to entice people to give $Adobe$ more money for an "Enterprise" license also limit the number of concurrent threads in the DB pool to just 10?   As you know, with each DB request a new thread is started and it would blow if Adobe expected me to spend $8500 just so that I can have more than 10 concurrent DB threads.   I might be able to accept 10 concurrent CFTHREAD calls, but DB, well, gosh golly, that would just make me write my web app in Java and call it a day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this limit has nothing to do with JDBC connection pooling. It just has to do with creating your own threads from within CF.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation