• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion2016 service wouldn't start

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Coldfusion2016 installation. ColdFusion service would not start. I ran coldfusion.exe. There is an error indicating that " Error occurred during initialization of VM. Cold not reserve enough space for 1048576KB object heap".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to ColdFusion forums for appropriate response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TriciaLawrence

Hi Mark,

It seems to be jvm memory issue. Can you share your jvm.config at \ColdFusion2016\cfusion\bin\.

Mark Chen wrote:

I am working on Coldfusion2016 installation. ColdFusion service would not start. I ran coldfusion.exe. There is an error indicating that " Error occurred during initialization of VM. Cold not reserve enough space for 1048576KB object heap".

Also, please try the following:-

1. Stop ColdFusion service
  2. Launch Command prompt as Administrator
  3. Browse to \ColdFusion2016\cfusion\bin and run the following command coldfusion -start console
  4. Try to access the CF admin, once the services are started.

In case it gives an error message, please share the same.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, I had JBoss 7 installed on my PC. I deployed cfusion.war file on JBoss server successfully. I used http://127.0.0.1/cfusion/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm. I got :  Not Found :The requested URL /cfusion/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm was not found on this server. I  tried port 8080. I got http Status 404. I also tried 8500. it is said that Unable to connect... Can you tell me what is wrong with that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I believe that Jboss7 is running properly on my PC. I packaged a helloworld.war file and deployed on Jboss7. It is running with http://127.0.0.1:8080/helloworld/hi.jsp correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, before I offer some thoughts, note first that this is not the right forum for a question on CF. This is the CF Builder forum (for the editor/IDE of that name).

You will want to ask your question in the CF forums instead.

And if you do that, you may want to change your subject. If you’re deploying CF on JBoss, then there is no CF “service” to “start”.

Even so, beware that very, very few people on the forums will have experience with deploying CF as a WAR, at all, let alone on JBoss in particular and with CF2016, though the version should not matter.

Finally, be sure to have considered the available CF installation docs, which do cover deploying CF as a WAY on JEE servers and servlet engines.

But please don’t reply here with any clarifications. Just consider all this before or as you open a new thread in the CF forum. Hope it’s helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved the discussion to CF Forum.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

Could you please share your contact details along with the server log to cf.install@adobe.com

Thank You,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation