• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion2021 linux systemd system file

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find Coldfusion2021 linux systemd system file or do we have to write at our end?
TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may seem there's a simple answer, but a couple of things could influence both WHERE to find that and WHETHER you would find it.

First, did you use the traditional full installer for 2021? Or the new zip approach available as an alternative in 2021? If the latter, did you run the cfinstall script after that?

And in either case, did you choose the option during the install to have Linux create a service?

Finally, what distro are you running? And have you seen cf listed as a service with service or systemctl or whatever is your distro's means of running a service?

With those answered, the answer for your question will be more clear, or perhaps they will help you find it. Do please let us know either way. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R. Ramgopal, did you resolve this?

I will add that technically the "linux systemd system file" for CF can be found as the file coldfusion in the CF cfusion/bin folder. (In some releases, there has been another called sysinit, which varied slightly.)

That coldfusion file can be used to start and stop CF , as you may know. But yes it can also be used as a systemd system file (or an etc/init.d file).

When I offered my answer above, I was talking about where/how those would be implemented AS services, whether as systemctl or init.d, and that WOULD depend on your distro and deployment. But maybe you did just need to hear that the coldfusion file is the systemd file. (And it's the cf-install-init.sh that is run by the CF installer if you tell it to setup a service, or you can run it after the fact directly.)

Let us know if any of this gets you going.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And in either case, did you choose the option during the install to have Linux create a service?"

During setup we did not have an option to intall CF as service and CF was intalled as systemd service with cf2021 service name. We used traditional full installer and installed CF on RedHat 7.  We did not have silent installer answer file in place. 

Becuase we run multiple child instances. (we have Enterprise license), we had to run cf-install-init.sh to install additional service for each child instance. We run cf-install-init.sh after we updated value of VERSION variable in sysinit file for each child instance.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using .bin installation file and there is no indication that linux systemd is setup. I have to start the Coldfusion manually after server reboot. Is there a way to create it after the installation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joseph.yan 

"no indication that linux systemd is setup" what did you do to check this? 

You can install CF service after intallation, please read comments above. 

The service may be installed but if it is not configured to start (i.e. inactive/disabled) it will not auto start on system restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved this issue by using custom Linux cronjob that calls cfstart and cfstop. 

Thanks Charlie for the input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made the cf2021.service shell and basically the service calling coldfusion inside /bin and then register it and it works. Thanks All. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation