Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line installation of ColdFusion 11 hotfix 9 fails

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the hotfix from the command line using this statement:

D:\ColdFusion11\jre\bin\java.exe -jar D:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\hotfix_009.jar -i silent -f D:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\my-server-name.profile

I get the following error:

Error: Could not find or load main class D:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\hotfix_009.jar

I also seems to be ignoring the profiles option, because I see the following new folders in the C:\ drive.

C:\ColdFusion11

C:\hf-updates

C:\hf-11-00009

Is the hotfix 9 broken, or is it just me?

[This messages was edited, I removed the extraneous information.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

My my-server-name.profile document was corrupted causing a problem during installation.  Using a corrected .profile resolved the issue.

INSTALLER_UI=SILENT

USER_INSTALL_DIR=D:/ColdFusion11

DOC_ROOT=D:/ColdFusion11/cfusion/wwwroot

#The following applies only to multi server scenarios.

INSTANCE_LIST=cfusion

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some users who maintain that running hotfixes from an elevated command prompt is the best way to do it.  (Which makes me ask - did you run from an ELEVATED prompt?  You can't do it from a standard user account, unless that account is in the Administrator group.)

I will always run the hotfixes from within CFAdmin, unless my CFAdmin is hosed.  This is especially important if you have moved your CFIDE to another location, outside of the webserver root.  When the hotfixes are run from within CFAdmin, it is the CF instance that is performing the update, and it knows where all the files are located.  When you execute a .jar from from a command prompt, unless you keep the default configuration, the .jar files assume the default locations and place the updated files, there.

If you have any way of rolling back what you did, and if you moved your CFIDE location to outside the webserver root, roll it back and perform the hotfix from within CFAdmin.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My my-server-name.profile document was corrupted causing a problem during installation.  Using a corrected .profile resolved the issue.

INSTALLER_UI=SILENT

USER_INSTALL_DIR=D:/ColdFusion11

DOC_ROOT=D:/ColdFusion11/cfusion/wwwroot

#The following applies only to multi server scenarios.

INSTANCE_LIST=cfusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation