• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concurrent Logins in CF10

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that CF10 removes the ability to have multiple logins to the administrator pages due to security concerns.  Not only is this is a huge inconvenience, it prohibits the use of multiserver monitor or server manager since it only allows one concurrent login per physical server. 

Has anyone found a workaround?  I have tried multiple usernames, however I still get logged out if a different user logs in to a different instance. 

Thanks,

-Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you at least found that you can cause different usernames to solve the CF Admin login problem (and CF11 fixes that with a new option to let you turn that security feature off).

As for the MSMon and Server Manager, I’ve seen that too, and it’s a tougher nut to crack. I’ve not dug into it, but I’ve wondered about it before: what if you configured those so that they connect back to the instances (to be monitored) using different identifiers for the URL. Perhaps the instances are accessible by not only localhost/127.0.0.1, but also an internal IP address, a domain name, and/or a machine name. If you setup the tools to call these multiple instances (on a given machine) these different ways, perhaps the flash shared objects (flash equivalent to cookies) would be created separately for each instance, and perhaps that would allow you to get around the problem.

Let us know what you find. But again, CF11 has the ultimate solution to the problem.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different usernames does not fix the problem for me. 

If I log in to instance cfusion1 with user1, then I log into cfusion2 with user2, I will find that user1 has been logged out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guitsboy, I was not suggesting different usernames for your MSMon or SvrMgr problems. I understood from your first note that you were aware of that as solution for the CF Admin, and were now facing a different (but similar) challenge with the other tools. So did you try what I had suggested, for that?

More to the point, as for your saying now, “If I log in to instance cfusion1 with user1, then I log into cfusion2 with user2, I will find that user1 has been logged out”, are you referring here to the CF Admin or to the MSMon or SvrMgr? If the latter, again, try what I offered above. (If you’re saying the problem is also in the CF Admin, that would be odd. Different usernames should solve the problem.)

Just trying to help.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response again Charlie, I appreciate the help.

Odd as it may be, the former example is exactly what I am experiencing.  Logging in with different usernames has not fixed even the CFadmin issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuitsBoy wrote:

Logging in with different usernames has not fixed even the CFadmin issue.

Open the Coldfusion Administrator. Navigate to Security => User Manager. Create the extra admin accounts. That should fix at least the admin issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work.  Thats what I just replied about in my last post.   Creating additional admin accounts, and switching all CF admins to multiple logins does not keep my from getting logged out.   Its very strange, it seems to work for everyone else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use a different browser for each login? That is the setup I tested with. Successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youre right, if I open separate browsers or at least anonymous / incognito windows, it will allow concurrent logins.  Multiple tabs in chrome were not enough.  Still, yuck.  I have 12 instances to administer, and it would be so much easier to have them tabbed in browsers.   How is it that Adobe has not fixed this, the multiserver monitoring, or even server manager issue?   I mean, why include the features if they are completely broken and useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuitsBoy wrote:

Youre right, if I open separate browsers or at least anonymous / incognito windows, it will allow concurrent logins.  Multiple tabs in chrome were not enough.  Still, yuck.  I have 12 instances to administer, and it would be so much easier to have them tabbed in browsers.   How is it that Adobe has not fixed this, the multiserver monitoring, or even server manager issue?   I mean, why include the features if they are completely broken and useless?

Pretty good content for a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bug report has been filed.  Ill let you know if I hear back.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation