Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect ColdFusion 2016 Enterprise with Oracle 12 and above

Participant ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

a customer is going to update their Oracle and announced they are setting SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER to 12. This means the client driver has to be version 11.2 or later.

In previous discussions I always sad simply use a recent Thin driver and everything's fine.

I found this query that says which client you are on

SELECT DISTINCT s.client_version     FROM v$session_connect_info s     WHERE s.sid = SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV', 'SID')

I run it from a cfquery tag in a ColdFusion script and everything is fine when I use a recent Thin driver, they report back version 12 or 18 or something.

I also ran it in ColdFusion 2016 with Updater 10 installed. I connected to Oracle using the built in driver (Developer Edition/Enterprise). I got 11.1.0.7.0 as my client version. This is lower than the driver recommended to connect to Oracle 12 with (11.2).

Does anyone have a recent Oracle running and set ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER to a high value (at least 12)? Does this work with the driver ColdFusion 2016 comes with?

Here's a matrix that shows which client can connect to which server version: Oracle DBA Blog Apps DBA Blog: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

Best,

Bernhard

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?