• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting multiple ColdFusion 10 instances to a single Apache 2.2 server

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is replicated from StackOverflow's "Server Fault" site. The CF community there is under represented, so I'm posting here too.  Sorry for "cross post".

This is on Windows 7 Home Premium edition.

I have got two ColdFusion 10 (updater 2) instances: "cfusion" (the default one), and "scratch".

I have got a single instance of Apache 2.2 running.

Within Apache, I have set up two virtual hosts, each of which needs to be served by a different ColdFusion instance.

Each of the CF instances serves files fine via Tomcat's internal web server. Apache serves vanilla HTML files fine too. So both CF instances, and both virtual hosts separately work OK.

I can get wsconfig.exe to connect either one of the CF instances to the Apache server, and serve CF files via Apache & that instance.

However I cannot find a way of connecting the second CF instance to Apache as well, so that both CF instances are conected, each serving one of the virtual hosts. WSConfig doesn't seem to understand the notion of "multiple CF instances", and the changes it makes to the httpd.conf (via mod_jk.conf) does not seem to be implemented in such a way as to accommodate multiple CF instances talking to a single Apache instance, or multiple virtual hosts. I freely admit to not being confident enough with how mod_jk (or even really httpd.conf) works to be able to guess if I can change stuff to make it work.

If I try to add the second CF instance using WSConfig, I just get a message "the web server is already configured for ColdFusion". Be that as it may... not the instance of ColdFusion I want to connect it to! If I remove the existing connector to whichever instance is already connected, I can then connect the other one no problems. Not that this helps, but it demonstrates that the CF instance can connect to Apache.

This all used to be fairly straight fwd under older versions of CF and JRun 😞

The only docs I have found are on the "Connect multiple Apache virtual hosts on a web server to a single ColdFusion server" page (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Admin/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbf364104-7fd5.html), but that specifically only deals with a single CF instance. There is no equivalent page for multiple CF instances.

I'm kinda hoping I can move some of the mod_jk config into my virtual host entries in httpd-vhosts.conf (this is how it used to work for JRun), but I've no idea what to put where.

I think I've covered all the necessary info here? If not, sing out and I'll add more. Thanks.

Anyone?  Cheers.

--

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Ha, actually I see the ServerFault question was answered back just after you asked me: Connecting multiple ColdFusion 10 instances to a single Apache 2.2 server - Server Fault

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adam - did you ever figure this out??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nup. I might "unleash the Anit", and see if that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha, actually I see the ServerFault question was answered back just after you asked me: Connecting multiple ColdFusion 10 instances to a single Apache 2.2 server - Server Fault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation