• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

connecting oracle and oracle MySql CF16

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I have always had success connecting data sources.  However, I am really struggling connecting both my Oracle database and my MySQL databases to CF16.  I believe I have the drivers in place but no matter what I do I still am cursed with  the "No suitable driver available" message.

Trying to connect to Oracle 12c and MySQL latest version 8.

For oracle I am using what i did with CF11 and that is the jdbc oracle thin driver.

For MySQL I am using jdbc mysql driver.

Both are located in the /cfroot/cfusion/lib directory (or at least I think they are).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JK

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest drivers may be no good to you. The ColdFusion 2016 Support Matrix says you should install the drivers most suitable to Oracle 11g R2 / 12c and MySQL 5.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Useful links:

Oracle driver

Re: Connect to Oracle Database

ColdFusion 2016 standard and Oracle adventures - ColdFusion

MySQL driver

MySQL :: Download MySQL Connector/J (Archived Versions)  [The MySQL web site says "MySQL Connector/J 8.0 is highly recommended for use with MySQL Server 8.0, 5.7, 5.6, and 5.5. Please upgrade to MySQL Connector/J 8.0". Nevertheless, should this new driver be incompatible with ColdFusion 2016, download and use version 5.1.46.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation