• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not create database

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After verifying database, when I am going to database on localhost 8500 it says database could not be created.

Please help for this issue.Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably create the database manually, as instructed in the screenshot. Usually, you'll have to create databases manually and separately from your web applications anyway, so it will be good practice. The problem you're having is probably that the CF user account does not have the permissions required to create a new database. This is very common with web applications for security reasons. Usually, you'd restrict them to the permissions they need to create, update, modify and delete records within tables, and that's it. You don't want your web application to be able to create databases or tables, or drop them, and so on.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which database have you installed? MySQL? SQL Server? I ask because the database chapter of learncfinaweek tutorial mentions MySQL. If you have indeed installed MySQL, and are on a recent version of ColdFusion, then you will have to install the MySQL driver.

A previous Adobe ColdFusion thread tells you how to install the MySQL driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to change the version of MySQL server in my C:\ColdFusion2018\cfusion\wwwroot\learncfinaweek\install\index.cfm to point to 8.0 instead of 5.5. Then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation