• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not install cold fusion 10 on windows 10. Need help asap

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to install cold fusion 10 on windows 10. However, it is fail, and I need the help asap. The following is the details:

1. Whole installation process is smooth: Install in the administrator account, input the sn number, select IIS server ( on my computer only , not for all ). Then process is finished. Sounds good.

2. In the last page of installation, the administration page will be launched. However, the launched page said: administration page does not exist.

3. I search the adobe forum and I am told that cold fusion 10 has the problem with windows 10, and I need install manadatory fix and hot fix 18 for cold fusion 10. I follow the instruction and install mand fix and hot fix 18. after hotfix 18, I run the cold fusinon web tools and cold fusion administration page is back.

4. cold fusion administration page show up , However, the cold fusion server is down. I try to manual start the cold fusion service, it fails with the following messages:

---------------------------

Services

Windows could not start the ColdFusion 10 Application Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2.

OK  

5. I have reinstall the cold fusion 10 and it is confirmed that cold fusion serive running before hotfix 18 installation:

1) before hotfix 18 installation: Cold fusion administration page does not exist, could fusion service running

2) after hotfix 18 installation: Cold fusion administration page exists, could fusion service stop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps you could install trial CF2016 which supports Windows 10 IIS 10 rather than CF10 which does not offer support beyond Windows 8.1 IIS 8.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusion10-support-matrix...

Another good reason not to deploy CF10 is it's Adobe end of life status.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Carl, CF10 did add Windows 10/IIS 10 support in update 10 (ColdFusion 11 Update 7 and ColdFusion 10 Update 18 are now available | Adobe ColdFusion Blog ). Of course, you make a good point about CF10 no longer being supported (since June of this year).

So back Wan's challenge, I do find it curious that you say, " cold fusion administration page show up , However, the cold fusion server is down". (Not curious that you spell CF with a space, though I will point out that CF has been spelled without one since CF5.)

But I mean curious in that if the CF Admin "shows up", then CF is indeed "up".

So when you say the "server is down", what do you mean, really? Do you mean that you look in Windows Services and it's not running? If that's the case, does Task Manager show the coldfusion.exe process running? If that's the situation (the service is not running but coldfusion.exe is), then you can kill the task in task manager and then start the service, if you prefer it run that way.

Or do you mean CF is indeed "running" (and by all 3 measures: the admin runs, the CF service is running, and the coldfusion.exe is appearing), but somehow some site you want to run is NOT working?

If it's that, then you probably have some issue with web server configuration. And since you refer at the start to "installing CF10", I'm curious: were you running CF9 or earlier on this same machine before this?  Or even if not, did you bring your IIS web site files frmo a server that HAD been running CF9 or earlier before trying this?

The thing is, the web server config is very different in CF10 and above compared to CF9 and earlier. And if you find that you have web.config files in the root of your web site(s), then if such a web.config has any references to coldfusion9 or earlier (or jrun), you need to remove those.

If that (or some info above) gets you going, great. If it does not, this may be hard to resolve via back and forth in the forums. There are just too many possible variables to explain what could be amiss if it remains so after the above. If you would be interested in just getting this solved, I will say that I (or others who do such consulting) can help you. I have a list of such consultants at cf411.com/cfconsult.

I suspect I could have this solved for you quite quickly (I see this stuff every week), And I have a satisfaction guarantee, so you will not pay for time you don't value. Finally I could work with you remotely, securely (even if you "can't give me remote access"). I discuss more about my approach, rates, that guarantee, and more at carehart.org/consulting.

But as you see, I do also try to help people via the forums when I can. It's just that usually it would go a lot faster to be looking at things with you and resolving whatever is specifically your issue.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help. I try to trouble shoot the issue and simply the case.

1. I install fresh cold fusion 10 in the brand new machine. The machine is new window 10 pro and it is new. I just enable IIS 10

2. I install cold fusion 10 , and the process is smooth ( input SN, setup pwd, etc ), until last page administration login can not show up. ( see following picture )

coldfusion10AdministrationPage.png

3. Then I install cold fusion mandatory updates. After updates is finished, the cold fusion server is still running well. I try to add web service by cold fusion webserver configuration tools, I am told that IIS10 is not support

4. Then I install cold fusion 10 hot fix 18. After installation is finished, the cold fusion service is down, and not running in the back ground thread. ( See the picture )

coldfusion10ServicesDownAfterHotFix18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for clarifying things: that after update 18, you find you can't start CF. That's not what you had said originally. Your last sentence above was: "2) after hotfix 18 installation: Cold fusion administration page exists, could fusion service stop". Now sure why you say the admin "page exists" given what you are telling us now.

But moving on, as for CF not starting after update 18, or indeed ANY update (of CF10, 11, or 2016), the answer is in the update logs. Usually it's that the update mechanism tried to update files before CF had completely come down (as it had requested). The solution in most cases is to stop CF (and all related CF services), and then apply the update manually.

I have a blog post detailing all this (where to look for the logs, how to interpret them, why things happen, how to do the update manually) at:How to solve common problems with applying ColdFusion updates (in 10 and above) - Charlie Arehart's ...

BTW, are you the "wilson" reporting a similar problem after update 18 today, at  ColdFusion 11 Update 7 and ColdFusion 10 Update 18 are now available | Adobe ColdFusion Blog ? You'll see that I replied there also with the same advice.

Please update us here if this works for you (and there, if that was indeed you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The manual updates does not work. I stop the coldfusion 10 service before apply hotfix 18 and then manuals install hotfix 18. However, coldfusion services still can not start up after hotfix 18 installation.

I have tried to run coldfusion web tools and add IIS server. It works and administration page becames exist. However, since the coldfusion services is down , the coldfusion 10 administration page exists, but can not be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have not said if you confirmed that the update (which you say you applied manually) did work without error. Since you say CF won't start, it sure sounds like an error in the update. (You can't trust just that "the update didn't report an error". You HAVE TO look at the log. See my blog post for more on where to find that critical update log, and where to look IN THAT LOG for whether there were all successes or any failures.)

Until you do that, there's no point in assessing anything else you're observing. It's all secondary to confirming that the update works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation