• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Database connection issue on mac Yosemite anyone having guides on how to set up? (MAMP Pro & cf11)

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues connecting to my database via the CFIDE/admin area...anyone experiencing the same?

I set up my CF11 on yosemite and configured it my MAMP Pro and set up my DB wia MAMP's phpMyAdmin section...I created DB/tables all that I can get to my CF pages but I cannot get my DB connected...I have tried everything but have not find anything online about it

I know I have all of that set up correctly because when I go to verify mySQL DB under tools menue option in MAMP Pro it verifies that it can connect so the user name is root...the port is 3306, and server is localhost and when I go to CFIDE admin I chose MYSQL (DataDirect) as my driver is that right or should I chose another driver?

One thing I noticed, when I put in a wrong password I get the following error

java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

but when I put in the right password I get the follwoing error

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][MySQL JDBC Driver]Connections to MySQL Community Server are not supported. Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial version.

Not sure if I need to modify any of the files in CF directory or MAMP

Any help would be much appreciated

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?