Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datasource Undefined After domain name switch

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have CF 11 running with SQL server 2005.

I have a web server running on mydomain.com.  All was well.

I needed to switch mydomain.com to another host off of my network. But I wanted to keep the CF site that was on my network, running under another domain name.
So I registered the domain name  mydomaintest.com and pointed it to my current web server.

All was well, and when I would go to mydomaintest.com, it would go to my current web server.

However, once I switched the domain mydomain.com to point to the new web server, whenever I go to mydomaintest.com now, I get "DATASOURCE Undefined".

Any suggestions?
This was a custom CF site that I did not build.

Thanks
Mike

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, one more thing. If I try to create  New datasource in CF Admin using my current SQL Server, it won't accept it.
I put in the name of the Datasource and select SQL server as the type, but when I submit it, it just blanks out.

Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the ColdFusion Administrator. Go to the Data Sources page.

I am assuming that you had previously configured some data sources. If so, press on the button to "Verify All Connections". What is the result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation