• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datasource verification problems after Windows updates

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday windows updates were installed on my laptop, and afterwards many features of ColdFusion were out of configuration.

I am using ColdFusion 2016  and SQL Server 2016 RC.

I fixed a number of issues (see below) but still get the message

Connection verification failed for data source: MT_EL

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 8500:1433. Reason: Network is unreachable: connect

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 8500:1433. Reason: Network is unreachable: connect.

The DSNs had been verifying for at least a year before the problems occurred.

So far I have done the following:

(1)      Both SQL Server and CF Server had to be started again. SQL Server was not a problem but the CF Server would not start. I went to the jvm.config file and reduced the -xms setting. This did not solve anything, so I looked at the logs. From the logs it was apparent that the neo-security.xml file was corrupted, and upon checking I saw that neo-security.xml was now empty. neo-datasource, neo-drivers and one or two other files were also empty. The back-ups of these files were also empty, but I found some old versions in another place, and copied them over. Now I was able to start the CF Server and get into the CF Administrator, but had to set up user names/passwords and also DSNs again.

(2)    SQL Server Configuration Manager had been moved to a different folder, but I found it and soon saw an error message saying that SQL Server Configuration Manager could not connect to the wmi provider. I fixed this by opening a command prompt in administrator mode and typing mofcomp "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\13\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof".

(3)   Now I could get into SQL Server Configuration Manager, but for some reason it is listed twice, The malfunctioning one still says I cannot connect to the wmi provider, but expanding the functioning one, I found that TCP/IP is enabled and the default port is 1433.

(4)  I checked the firewall and could not see any issues there.

(5)   SQL permissions + log in/password credentials are the same as before, when there were no DSN verification problems.

(6)  I have tried ports 8501 and 8502, but the above error persists.

(7)   I have checked the SQL Server logs. It is apparent that a number of errors occurred yesterday and certain features were disabled. However it is evident that these issues have now been resolved, and the most recent messages are of informational type  and state that no user action is necessary.

Anyone any ideas?  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Vincent Lander

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

As per the error message, it seems like you have used 8500 as the host name. Can you please check and let me know if you have specified the DB server ip address correctly?

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimit,

In fact before the problems occurred I was using 8501 as the host.

I have now tried with 8500, 8501 and 8502, but the same error message occurs.

I checked in SQL Configuration Manager and 1433 is indeed the port specified (dynamic ports are set to zero).

I am trying to telnet port 1433 and at the moment am receiving a message that there is no connection. I am looking into this issue.

Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what was happening before, but those are ports, not hosts. If SQL Server is on the same machine as your web/CF server, you should be able to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 or the IP address of that server.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using local host (127.0.0.1) and have SQL Server on the same machine as CFServer.

As far as I can see my problem is with SQL Server. Running telnet I get the message "Could not open connection to the host..... or port..."

Just to make sure I was using the correct host name, I ran an SQL Query to check the name.

Vincent Lander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have got the datasources verifying, after disabling a couple of other IPs in SQL Server Configuration Manager.

I am not sure why that should have caused any issue, but I thank responders for their comments.

Vincent Lanader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation