• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Demo applications to Demo DBs?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just installed CF2016 Developer to make a test application and found that come with few Demo Databases to work with but I didn't found demo templates which uses these DBs... where can I get them?

I didn't installed the Builder yet because the license is only for 30 days, and I will only have enough time to work on it in few weeks, but I would love to put something to run to make sure all the installation is ok and start to getting used to the new CF.

I worked for 10 years with CF but I didn't touch anything since 2008, and really would like to comeback to CF and learn all the new stuff released on the last 10 years. I'm working with C/C#/C++ in the last decade so I need to re-learn lots of stuff.

I need help to setup the enviroment and make it run, then I can move foward easily I think... with a simple demo application working will help me a lot.

thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

I got everything I want at Adobe Coldfusion YouTube channel. Have a full detailed step by step which help me a lot in the bridge from the old CF that I'm used to, until the new CF 2016 version. Funny that anyone here knows about it.

"Also, consider moving to Application.cfc rather than Application.cfm as it allows more fine-grained management of your applications settings and behavior."

this is a "best config available" that I meant... I already learned that on YouTube, very nice indeed.

I think at

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about CF2016, but in CF10 and CF11, I don't believe there are any templates for testing with the sample databases.  However, I believe that there are many online examples of code for use with those sample databases.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need one exemple, could you point me? I can't find any

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmmmm... seams you didn't understood what I need...

I know how to use cfquery and can find several exemples of that, what I need is a full application working because I want an Application.cfm working with the best configs available.

Yes, I found few examples of Application.cfm but all the info are vague, and many stuff have only the options available but not what they really mean... that's why I asked for a FULL app working.

Builder generates a Application.cfm? Never worked with Builder, on the time I used to work with CF such thing doesn't exist.

I just want a FULL APP running, that's all...

This is very common in almost software available, very weird that CF doesn't have at least one working exemple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, no "example" apps are available from Adobe.  However, if you look at many of the popular ColdFusion frameworks (FW/1, ColdBox, CFWheels, etc.), they often come with sample applications to demonstrate their functionality.  You might also peruse GitHub for projects tagged as using ColdFusion/CFML.

Keep in mind though, that every application you develop is different.  So there is no "one best config" for starting out a new application.  Also, consider moving to Application.cfc rather than Application.cfm as it allows more fine-grained management of your applications settings and behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got everything I want at Adobe Coldfusion YouTube channel. Have a full detailed step by step which help me a lot in the bridge from the old CF that I'm used to, until the new CF 2016 version. Funny that anyone here knows about it.

"Also, consider moving to Application.cfc rather than Application.cfm as it allows more fine-grained management of your applications settings and behavior."

this is a "best config available" that I meant... I already learned that on YouTube, very nice indeed.

I think at YouTube have everything I need. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation