• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Archive in ColdFusion 2018

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a CAR file in CF2018 Administrator on our development server but I can't get it to deploy on our production server.

Creating the archive was a little buggy. When I select "Assoc. Files/Dirs" in the archive wizard, I'm unable to select any of the other options. When I skip "Assoc. Files/Dirs" altogether, it seems to work. The resulting file is 385k. (Does that file size suggest a successful build?)

Once I've built the archive, I move the CAR file to the production server, use the CF Administrator to deploy, and... nothing happens. The file path is cleared from the input and no datasources have been added, collections, mappings, etc.

I'm not skilled at reading the CF logs, but there doesn't seem to be anything related to my failed efforts. Both servers are current through Update 11.

Any insight or suggestions? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Hi,

It seems like a bug in Packaging 

Here is a workaround that you can use - Create the CAR package from your Development server. Launch the CF Admin>Packaging & Deployment>Archive Wizard and then select ALL. Click on Server Settings and uncheck the Java & JVM. Then click on Assoc Files/Dir and instead of click on Browse type/copy the path and click on Add and Close the Window. Then Build Archive. 

Further, you can deploy the same on another server.

Please let me know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems like a bug in Packaging 

Here is a workaround that you can use - Create the CAR package from your Development server. Launch the CF Admin>Packaging & Deployment>Archive Wizard and then select ALL. Click on Server Settings and uncheck the Java & JVM. Then click on Assoc Files/Dir and instead of click on Browse type/copy the path and click on Add and Close the Window. Then Build Archive. 

Further, you can deploy the same on another server.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Priyank, that seems to have done the trick! The build was obviously more successful, generating a 171 MB CAR file. The deployment issue ended up being related to a blocked pop-up (something that wasn't obvious in Edge but revealed itself when I switched to Firefox).

Everything seems to have transferred except my collections. I had the same experience when deploying an archive from our CF11 server to the CF2018 development server. I ended up having to recreate them. I'm going to try copying the files directly to the production server, but I'm not hopeful since that didn't work last time.

Thanks again for the workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation