• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DirectoryWatcher Event Gateway not finding my cfc

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create my first event gateway.  For now, I just want to log when a file is put into a specified directory.  It seems it should be simple, but I keep getting an error in the eventgateway log:

Error","Thread-339","04/20/21","17:11:33","","Error invoking CFC for gateway videowatcher: Could not find the ColdFusion component or interface image. {GATEWAYTYPE={FileWatcher},CFCMETHOD={onAdd},DATA={{LASTMODIFIED={Tue Apr 20 17:11:24 CDT 2021},FILENAME={C:\home\safetyforward.com\wwwroot\safety\present\connectionsCameraTesting\uploads\drop98.webm},TYPE={ADD}}},GATEWAYID={videowatcher},ORIGINATORID={},CFCPATH={C:/ColdFusion2021/cfusion/gateway/cfc/examples/videowatcher.cfc}}. Ensure that the name is correct and that the component or interface exists."

My gateway name is videowatcher.  When i put a file in the directory I'm watching the gateway is firing, but it can't seem to find the videowatcher.cfc.  This despite when I create the event watcher in CF Admin I browse the server to the the videowatcher.cfc file and the event watcher updates correctly.  I think it is finding and using my .cfg file or elese it would not know what directory to watch and fire.

I'm stumped.  It should be simple but I can't figure it out.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Any joy yet, @klemke ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

The CFC was found ok. The actual error was a bad method in the CFC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error suggests that a path value is wrong. Quite likely that of the directory.

Copy the file drop98.webm back to the directory. Then do a test: launch the following code as the page test.cfm and see what it says

<cfoutput>	
	File exists in DirWatcher directory: #fileExists("C:\home\safetyforward.com\wwwroot\safety\present\connectionsCameraTesting\uploads\drop98.webm")# <br>
	DirWatcher Listener CFC exists:#fileExists("C:/ColdFusion2021/cfusion/gateway/cfc/examples/videowatcher.cfc")#	
</cfoutput>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any joy yet, @klemke ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CFC was found ok. The actual error was a bad method in the CFC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation